YOUR BUSINESS PARTNER IN NAVIGATING
THE IP LITIGATION LANDSCAPE
Average Intellectual Property Litigation Costs Excluding Damages
Negotiate Unknown Perils
Intellectual Property Insurance
IPISC Intellectual Property Insurance Policies are IP litigation risk management solutions that help mitigate the exorbitant financial costs/burdens associated with defending against, or enforcing, a claim of IP infringement. Our IP Enforcement Insurance Policy covers litigation expenses associated with pursuing those who infringe on your company’s intellectual property rights. Our IP Defense Insurance Policy covers litigation expenses (e.g., court costs, attorney fees, potential damages, and settlements) associated with your company defending itself against a claim of infringement on another’s intellectual property rights.
Intellectual Property 101
What constitutes Intellectual Property? What are the differences between the various types of Intellectual Property, including Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets?
IP Enforcement Insurance
IP Enforcement Insurance coverage helps provide the financial means necessary to pursue those who infringe on your intellectual property rights.
IP Defense Insurance
IP Defense Insurance coverage helps provide the financial means necessary to defend against unexpected lawsuits alleging infringement on the intellectual property rights of others.
Access insightful information pertaining to: IP Insurance (e.g., broker/agent/client FAQs, key terms and concepts, process overview for binding coverage, policy applications, case studies, articles, newsletters, and webinars); and IP Litigation (e.g., patent case law database, damages/licensing awards).
The Benefits of Having IP Insurance Coverage
There are many benefits to having Intellectual Property (IP) Enforcement and Defense Insurance coverage through IPISC. Our IP Infringement Enforcement/Defense Insurance policies help:
- Provide insureds with the financial means necessary to pursue those who infringe on their IP rights (Enforcement);
- Provide insureds with the financial means necessary to defend against unexpected lawsuits alleging infringement on the IP rights of others (Defense);
- Make companies more attractive to potential investors (Enforcement/Defense);
- Increase company value by strengthening its IP portfolio (Enforcement);
- Increase company value by strengthening its product portfolio (Defense);
- Protect/increase market share (Enforcement/Defense);
- Facilitate more equitable/favorable settlement/licensing agreements (Enforcement/Defense);
- Level the playing field and deter what may be construed as weak or meritless/frivolous claims of IP infringement from competitors attempting to regain lost market share (Defense);
- Level the playing field and deter what may be construed as weak or meritless/frivolous claims of IP infringement from Non-Practicing Entities (NPEs or Trolls) attempting to monetize their IP assets (Defense);
- Avoid the negative financial impacts/ramifications associated with an adverse judgment of IP infringement including litigation expenses (court costs, attorney fees, expert witness fees) and potential damage awards (reasonable royalties, lost profits), business interruptions (temporary/permanent injunctions, lost product/service revenue streams, design around time/cost), and bankruptcy (Defense); and
- Cover IP litigation risk exposures that are excluded from Commercial General Liability (CGL), Errors and Omissions (E&O), Directors and Officers (D&O), Professional Liability (PL), Professional Indemnity (PI), Media, and Cyber Insurance Policies (Enforcement/Defense).